Marilyn Manson faces LA sheriff’s investigation after allegations of abuse

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – Los Angeles officials are investigating accusations of domestic violence by rock singer Marilyn Manson, the LA County Police Department said in a statement on Friday.

ARCHIVE PHOTO: Marilyn Manson attends the Vanity Fair Oscar party in Beverly Hills during the 92nd Oscars in Los Angeles, California, USA, February 9, 2020. REUTERS / Danny Moloshok // Photo file

Westworld TV and film actress Evan Rachel Wood and three other women said earlier this month in social media posts that Manson had abused them.

On Friday, the LA County Sheriff’s Department said its special victims unit was “investigating allegations of domestic violence involving Mr. Brian Warner, aka ‘Marilyn Manson’, who works in the music industry.”

“The incidents occurred between 2009 and 2011, when Warner lived in the city of West Hollywood,” said the statement.

No other details were provided.

Manson officials did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Friday. On February 1, Manson said on Instagram that all of his intimate relationships were “entirely consensual” and that “others are now choosing to distort the past.”

“These recent statements about me are horrible distortions of reality,” he said at the time.

Wood, 33, who dated Manson, 52, around 2007 and was briefly engaged to him in 2010, said the singer “abused me horribly for years” and “I was brainwashed and manipulated to submit.”

The other three women have also accused Manson of emotional and psychological abuse in the past 10 years.

Manson’s label, Loma Vista Recordings, abandoned him in early February after public accusations.

The singer-songwriter is known for his black Gothic-inspired clothes and heavy makeup. His hits include “The Dope Show” and “Personal Jesus”.

Dozens of men in entertainment, politics, business and sports have been accused of sexual misconduct or emotional abuse since the #MeToo movement went viral in 2017, after several allegations against Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein. Weinstein was sentenced in 2020 to 23 years in prison.

Reporting by Lisa Richwine; Aurora Ellis Edition

.Source