Some have moved away from the Danvers mass vaccination site because of a failure

Some Massachusetts residents who called 211 to make an appointment for the COVID-19 vaccines said they were refused at Danvers’ mass vaccination site this weekend, reports the WBZ.

Curative, the company that runs the site at the DoubleTree hotel in Danvers, told WBZ in a statement that it had not received Saturday’s list of commitments made through the state’s call system because of a problem with data sharing.

“Unfortunately, this one-day situation meant that we were unable to provide vaccines to some who had scheduled an appointment through the 211 system,” said the statement. “We take their information and we will schedule them as soon as possible.

It is unclear how many people were rejected on the Danvers website on Saturday.

The state’s call system was established last month after state lawmakers pressured Governor Charlie Baker to create one in the midst of an unstable initial vaccine release. Securing vaccine appointments has been notoriously complicated since phase 2 of the launch began in February, with limited availability, frequent website disruptions and sometimes complicated scheduling procedures.

The Danvers website caught the attention of local news last month because an apparent rumor of extra doses spurred an excess of residents trying to get injections without an appointment. Most had to be rejected.

Get browser alerts from Boston.com:

Enable breaking news notifications directly in your internet browser.

Turn on notifications

Great, you signed up!

Source