People inside the palace advised Prince Harry to return home to Prince Philip during his hospitalization, reports The Royal Observer. According to a source who spoke to the website, royalty is so concerned about the health of the Duke of Edinburgh that Harry was urged to return to the UK to say goodbye to his grandfather.
The Duke of Sussex, 36, “is being advised to fly home now to say goodbye to his grandfather,” the source told The Royal Observer. “Who knows if he’ll hear.” The informant noted that palace informants are making arrangements for a potential funeral, which would end up being a “massive state function”.
“There are a lot of discussions about what to do about Meghan’s problem [Markle] and Harry, ”added the source, before explaining that palace officials are still considering“ where to accommodate them and how to protect them from the British public who could boo them ”.
Prince Philip, 99, was first hospitalized on February 16 after reporting that he felt “ill”. After spending weeks at King Edward VII’s hospital in London as a “precautionary measure”, Buckingham Palace revealed on Monday, March 1, that the duke was transferred to a specialist hospital for further treatment and observation.
“The Duke of Edinburgh was transferred today from King Edward VII’s Hospital to St Bartholomew’s Hospital, where doctors will continue to treat him for an infection, as well as conduct tests and observation for pre-existing heart disease,” said the palace in a statement on March 1.
While Queen Elizabeth’s husband “remains comfortable and is responding to treatment,” the palace noted at the time that he still “must remain in the hospital at least until the end of the week”.
Prince Philip’s fear of health arises amid another imminent concern for the royal family. On February 15, CBS announced that Prince Harry and his wife Meghan Markle, 39, would be joining Oprah Winfrey for an “to tell everything” interview. The 90-minute interview will air on CBS in the United States on March 7 and will cover topics ranging from the couple’s actual departure to Meghan’s pregnancy (the Duchess is currently expecting her second child with Harry).
Since then, royal experts have urged the Duke and Duchess of Sussex to cancel the interview or at least postpone it. Royal author Penny Junor says that broadcasting the interview while Prince Philip remains hospitalized may reflect poorly on the Sussex. “Anything can hijack this interview. Philip is sick. He is 99 and could die at any time, “Junor told The Daily Beast in a report published on Tuesday, March 2.” They didn’t know he would be sick, but it could be seen as the wrong time. But I doubt it is your gift to postpone the interview. Control is in the hands of CBS and Oprah. “
Oprah with Meghan and Harry: a CBS primetime special will air on March 7 on CBS.
Our mission at STYLECASTER is to bring style to people, and we only present products that we think you will love as much as we do. Please note that if you buy something by clicking on a link within this story, we may receive a small commission for the sale.