Fulham’s visit to Tottenham on Wednesday could be postponed after a series of positive Covid-19 tests at the Cottagers, according to reports.
According to The Athletic, several people associated with Fulham tested positive for the virus, which raised great doubts about whether the Premier League clash, which is due to start at 6 pm on Wednesday night, will happen.
Fulham boss Scott Parker will return to the game bench if the green light is given after a 10-day self-isolation period has ended after a member of his household has tested positive for Covid-19.

Fulham’s journey to face Spurs is in doubt after a series of positive tests from Covid at the club

Several people in the club have tested positive for coronavirus
The 40-year-old returned a negative test last week, but continued to isolate himself according to government guidelines before returning another negative test over the weekend.
On his return, Parker revealed that he was happy to return, but now he could wait if the game was postponed.
Parker said, ‘I’m back. Obviously, I had to isolate myself for 10 days, so I did that and got a negative result again two days ago, so I’m back with the team.
“I am satisfied with that, it has been a difficult time, but I am pleased to be back and preparing for the big game on Wednesday against Spurs.”
The news comes hours after the Premier League confirmed that there are 18 new positive Covid-19 tests between players and staff, the highest weekly total since Project Restart.

If the game continues, Scott Parker will return to the Fulham bench against Spurs

Tottenham should host the Cottagers in their last 2020 Premier League game this week
The last round of testing saw 1,479 players and employees tested, with 18 positives – a sharp increase from last week’s total. On Monday, Manchester City’s trip to Everton at Goodison Park was postponed due to an outbreak at City’s team during the Christmas period.
In the first four divisions, nine matches on Tuesday were postponed due to outbreaks of the virus. Morecambe, who is set to face Chelsea in the third round of the FA Cup, Doncaster Rovers and Rochdale have seen several games postponed due to the spread of the virus.
However, while Sheffield United confirmed that they registered a series of positive tests on Tuesday, the match against Burnley in Turf Moor went according to plan.
Blades manager Chris Wilder was only able to name seven submarines as a result of injuries and positive tests.
The number of positive cases on Bramall Lane is unclear and the club said it would not reveal the identity of those who tested positive due to confidentiality reasons.
A club statement said: “Sheffield United can confirm that the club recorded a series of positive tests for coronavirus after the last round of testing.
‘Due to medical confidentiality, the club will not reveal the names of the people affected.

Sheffield United’s game against Burnley moved on after several positive Covid tests
‘Test-positive individuals have now entered a period of self-isolation according to Premier League and government guidelines.
‘Earlier today, the Premier League confirmed 18 positive coronavirus tests – the highest number of the season so far.
‘Everyone at Sheffield United would like to express our best wishes to our colleagues and wish them a speedy recovery.’
Premier League rules state that matches must continue if a club has 14 players available, including a goalkeeper, although decisions are made on a case-by-case basis and depending on circumstances – particularly in relation to the pandemic.
The Sheffield United statement came shortly after Southampton confirmed that their coach, Ralph Hasenhuttl, would not be on the bench for the West Ham meeting.
The Saints host the Hammers at St Mary’s on Tuesday, but Hasenhuttl will not be able to take command on the ground after a member of his household tested positive for Covid-19.
The head of Saints is set up to manage the game at home through a video and audio link.

Ralph Hasenhuttl will not be present at St Mary’s when his team faces West Ham on Tuesday
The outbreak in Ipswich last week prompted physiotherapist Matt Byard to urge authorities to consider a postponement of the “breaker” to stop the spread.
Coach Paul Lambert tested positive for Covid-19 along with five players. General manager Lee O’Neill was also positive.
Byard said: ‘I know that the EFL is thinking of bringing extra measures, perhaps with more tests, for example. I have always supported routine testing to ensure a return to game program.
“Personally, with so many clubs affected by this and the development of a new variety, football can benefit from a ‘breaker’ before returning to play safely.”
Despite the increase in the number of cases, Everton was furious at the decision to cancel the game with City just hours before the start of the game. Everton wanted to play and started pre-game preparations at the Hilton Hotel in Liverpool, his usual home base.


The Premier League has reported its highest number of Covid-19 cases since Project Restart and Manchester City striker Gabriel Jesus is one of 18 cases in the last week of testing
Everton will now ask the Premier League for full disclosure on how they came to the decision to obtain transparency about the reasons behind this.
Premier League rules state that matches must continue if a club has 14 players available, including a goalkeeper, although decisions are made on a case-by-case basis and depending on circumstances – particularly in relation to the pandemic.
It is understood that the precautionary measure took into account that some of the players who had a negative result on Monday may return different results on Wednesday.
The city was unable to test twice, due to the tight recovery that followed the Boxing Day game, and sources maintained that everyone involved in Goodison Park would have been exposed to unnecessary risks.