The Nashville bomber sent materials with his views to acquaintances before the explosion, the FBI said

The materials can provide more information about the motive of the suicide bomber, identified as Anthony Quinn Warner, 63. DeBusk asked those who received the material to contact the FBI.
Warner, from Antioch, Tennessee, died when his RV exploded on 2nd Avenue North, injuring at least eight people and damaging more than 40 buildings, including an AT&T broadcast building. Moments before the explosion, his trailer delivered sinister warnings in a computerized female voice that it would soon explode. The unusual notices prompted police and passers-by to leave the area and limited the number of humans.

Warner’s neighbors and someone he worked with had little to say about him. They generally described him as a loner and computer expert.

Warnings and sparse evidence of Warner’s policy have prevented authorities from calling the bombing an act of terrorism, which by definition is an act in favor of a political objective.

The police were informed that he was building bombs

Although his motive remains unclear, Warner’s bomb-making ability had already been reported to the police.

A woman who claimed to be Warner’s girlfriend told police last year that he was making bombs in his trailer, according to a statement and documents that the Nashville Metropolitan Police Department provided to CNN.

On August 21, 2019, the police received a call from a lawyer representing Pamela Perry, the woman who claimed to be Warner’s girlfriend, the MNPD said last Tuesday. Her lawyer, Raymond Throckmorton, said she had made “suicide threats to him over the phone”.

When the police arrived at Perry’s house, they found two unloaded pistols near Perry, which they said belonged to Warner. She told police officers that she no longer wanted them at home and that Warner was “building bombs in her home trailer,” according to a MNPD “registration” report.

What we know about the Nashville suicide bomber, 63

The police also spoke with Throckmorton, who already represented Warner and was also at Perry’s home. He told authorities that Warner “often talks about the military and bomb making. (Throckmorton) said he believes the suspect knows what he is doing and is capable of making a bomb,” the report said.

CNN contacted Throckmorton to comment on his account – first reported by the Tennessean – but received no response.

An officer observed Warner’s home for several days, but found no evidence of bomb making, according to Metro Nashville police chief John Drake. It would take a signal that a crime was committed, or that a bomb was being manufactured, to obtain a legal search warrant or subpoena, Drake said.

“I believe that the police did everything they could legally. Perhaps we could have done more follow-up – retrospective is 20/20, ”said Drake. “The cops had no probable cause to get a search warrant. There was a call to service a lady who had two guns, who needed care, and then we, you know, needed help. There was nothing else there. to say OK, yes – you have to have a probable cause. “

An officer asked Throckmorton over the phone if he could look inside the trailer behind the house. The lawyer told Officer Warren “I didn’t call the police” and “I won’t be able to let you guys do that,” according to Drake.

Throckmorton denied these claims in an interview with CNN’s affiliate, WTVF.

“He was not a current client of mine at the time,” said Throckmorton. “I certainly would never have told him not to check when I said it, come on, find out what’s going on.”

Joe Sutton, Raja Razek and Madeline Holcombe of CNN contributed to this report.

.Source