Should Meghan’s public humiliation be resolved privately? Real sources certainly hope so.

Illustration for the article entitled Should Meghans' public humiliation be solved privately?  Real sources certainly hope so.

Photograph: Phil Walter (Getty Images)

It has been almost a year since “Megxit” shook the British royal family, a move that may have been foreshadowed by the October 2019 news that Meghan Markle had filed a lawsuit against Associated Newspapers, editor of the Daily Mail and The UK Mail. The lawsuit alleged violation of privacy – including copyright infringement, misuse of private information and violation of the Data Protection Act – after the content of the duchess’s letters to her distant father, Thomas Markle they were published without the permission of the tabloids, amid what Prince Harry characterized as a “relentless campaign” against his wife.

In the following months, the case “took a series of creepy twists and turns”, according to the Sunday Times, with Markle’s lawyers now scheduled to argue for a summary judgment, which, if accepted, will effectively close the case before going to trial. This is the hope of at least one senior royal source who spoke to the Times, expressing concerns that a trial would be “deeply disturbing to the institution” of the royal family, as well as to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex himself.

“A trial would be traumatic for Meghan and Harry, it would expose the palace’s operations, team members would be dragged into the stands,” the source told the newspaper.

The Times notes that a trial may also require a contentious court meeting between Markle and her father, whom the Times quotes as previously (and somewhat ominously) stating: “I will see Meghan in court.” In this case, it may also mean a first face-to-face meeting between Harry and his father-in-law, who The famous withdrawal from attending the 2018 couple’s nuptials at the last moment, after joining infamous forces with the paparazzi.

Another figure in this legal drama – not to be confused with Markle’s old TV series, Suits, is “one of the most trusted lawyers in the royal family”, Gerrard Tyrrell. Giving more information about the events that led to Megxit, the Times reports:

Tyrrell is said to have joined several senior Sussex advisers to advise against Meghan’s lawsuit, but the couple turned to Schillings, a company known for its aggressive tactics on behalf of celebrity clients upset with the media.

“Before Harry and Meghan pulled the trigger, we wanted to show them what it would look like if it was until the end [to trial] and to face that ”, said a real source.

But the council fell on deaf ears; the Sussex abandoned real life in the UK in favor of a “new progressive role” in America.

This new progressive role included a number of audiences and increasingly personal appearances, solidifying the couple’s departure from the senior royalty protocol. After painting a multimillion-dollar development deal with Netflix and settling in a new complex in Montecito, California. with son Archie, last week, the couple launched their new podcast on Spotify. The decision on Markle’s case is expected this month.

.Source