Three suspects are arrested after ‘a shot’ is fired at a Tennessee Walmart, causing panic among consumers
- An ‘active sniper’ was reported at a Walmart in Sevierville, Tennessee, on Wednesday afternoon
- Police confirmed that three people were arrested after a single shot was fired inside the store
- Witnesses said there was panic after a fight broke out among customers that resulted in one of them drawing a gun
- Police say there is no “ongoing danger” after reports of the shooting and that there are no known victims
Three suspects are in custody after reports of a ‘sniper’ situation at a Walmart in Tennessee on Wednesday.
Police and emergency services were called to the superstore on Dolly Parton Parkway, Sevierville, around 3:30 pm, after receiving reports from a sniper on the loose.
Dozens of shoppers were taken out of the store, some sheltering in a nearby Chick-Fil-A, reported the local news station WVLT.
Three men were arrested after reports of an ‘active sniper’ at Walmart in Sevierville, Tennessee, on Wednesday
Initial reports indicated that there was an active sniper in the store, however, the police confirmed that no victims were reported and there is no ‘ongoing danger’.
According to restaurant manager Cody Cummings, customers said the panic set in after the suspects got into a fight that resulted in one of them drawing a gun.
Customers were then informed by the loudspeaker that an armed man was moving around the store.
Sevierville police confirmed that a shot was fired at the store and three people have already been detained, ABC6 reported.
A police spokesman said there was no danger to the community after reports of the shooting and no casualties.
No other information about the suspects’ identities has been released.
Initial reports indicated that there was an active sniper situation, causing panic in the community.
Tracey Houston told the news station that she was in the Walmart parking lot when she heard gunshots.
‘My friend since we were 10 years old was still there, luckily a guy pushed her through the side door. But she is extremely shaken now, ‘she said.
– All the police in Sevierville are working on it now.
This is a developing story. More to come.