Grand Prix actor Antonio Sabato Sr. dies at the age of 77 at COVID-19 … when son Antonio Sabato Jr. confirms the news of his death on Twitter
Antonio Sabato Sr. passed away at the age of 77 due to complications from COVID-19, after a positive test for the virus earlier this month.
The son of Italian-American actor Antonio Sabato Jr., 48, confirmed the news of his father’s death in a message shared on Twitter on January 6.
Antonio was best known for his roles in Escape From The Bronx and Grand Prix, which earned him a 1967 Golden Globe nomination for New Star of the Year.

Ciao: Italian-American actor Antonio Sabato Sr. best known for the Grand Prix died on January 6 at the age of 77 due to complications related to COVID-19

Prayers: Antonio Sabato Jr, confirmed the news on twitter by sharing an old photo and writing, ‘ciao papa’
Antonio Sabato Jr., who continually accessed Twitter to update fans about his father’s ill health, paid tribute to his father by sending an old family photo on Twitter on Wednesday.
‘Ciao Papa,’ wrote Sabato Jr., who is known for his role in the CBS soap The Bold and the Beautiful.
In a follow-up tweet, the star noted that she would love and miss her father ‘Forever and Forever’, while continuing to mourn the late actor.
Days before his death, Sabato Jr. pleaded with his Twitter followers to ‘please pray for [his] father, ‘while battling COVID-19 in an intensive care unit in California.

Double father and son: actor The Bold and the Beautiful accessed Twitter to give his followers updates on his father’s condition over the course of two days until his definitive death; pictured in 2003

Intensive care: the Grand Prix actor seemed to decline over the course of two days, while Antonio tweeted that he was in ‘intensive treatment with greed’
‘My daddy / daddy is in intensive care with Covid in California. Lord, keep him surrounded by angels and the pure love and strength of God within him, ‘he wrote.
On January 5, the actor returned to Twitter to give his followers another update that highlighted the seriousness of his father’s condition.
‘My daddy / daddy is fighting for his life and he is not doing well and we cannot even see him or be near him.’
‘Dear Lord, You are the God of the Impossible! There is nothing you cannot do. I come to You now, desperate for a miracle of healing for my dad. Thank you Jesus, ‘with prayer emojis.

Fighting for his life: Sabato Jr. lamented the fact that he and his family could ‘not even see him or be with him’ while he fought for his life with COVID-19
His condition was apparently bleak, as the immense prayers did not work while he fought for his life.
Sabato Jr. continued to remember his father as he wrote, ‘Number one, our great-grandfather Antonio Sabato’ The Best ‘,’ while sharing a photo of the actor in his prime.
Young Sabato – who is an avid supporter of Trump – has spoken publicly about his views against the masks when it comes to the impending coronavirus.
The same day, he asked for “prayers” for his father, he shared a screenshot that said, ‘Science says that healthy people should not wear masks’, as they listed the reasons against using a facial cover.

Removing the mask: young Sabato – who is an avid supporter of Trump – spoke publicly about his beliefs against wearing a face mask to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus; photographed in July 2018
He continued to share a photo of him and Trump and wrote: ‘He is my greatest president actually and he will technically lead our country and the world for the next 4 years!’ Despite the fact that Trump did indeed lose the election .
The actor, who considers himself a member of the Patriot Party, continued to question the suspension of Trump’s Twitter account by saying:
‘You Twitter bastards jacka ** es. Just suspend all of us who support The greatest president in history @realdonaldtrump and get to the point. Have a good time.’
He proceeded to rant about President-elect Joe Biden calling him ‘a fraud and a liar and a disgrace just like his friends Twitter Facebook Ig’, while adding ‘TRUMP WON BY A LANDSLIDE.’