Former White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany is joining Fox News

“It is a great pleasure today to welcome Kayleigh McEnany into the Fox family. We will see much more of her in the future,” said Fox News presenter Harris Faulkner on his program on Tuesday.

McEnany, who has been criticized for his staunch defense of Trump’s misleading statements, has long been a rising star in Republican politics. As a high school student, she was an intern for the 2004 Bush-Cheney campaign. Before coming to the White House, where she served as a press secretary for less than a year, she worked on Fox News production and was a CNN commentator. and spokesman for the Republican National Committee and the Trump campaign.

In his first interview since leaving the White House, McEnany told Faulkner on Tuesday that he does not believe Trump is responsible for the January 6 Capitol riots.

“We had already attended hundreds of rallies … They were nothing but peaceful events. We hoped that day would be the same,” said McEnany.

McEnany appeared on the network frequently during his tenure as a press secretary. Notably, on February 25, 2020 McEnany went to Fox Business and said, “We won’t see diseases like the coronavirus coming here,” praising Trump for the way he was dealing with the impending pandemic in the United States.

.Source