The original story follows.
Those who play Cyberpunk 2077 should be aware that if their saved files exceed 8 MB, they can be permanently corrupted and unusable.
Redditor MagicTacoSauce posted a PSA alerting others to the problem, and GOG.com – which is owned by the Cyberpunk 2077 developer CD Projekt Red – offered an answer that is not very promising.
“Unfortunately, the save is damaged and cannot be recovered,” says the statement. “Use an older saved file to continue playing and try to keep fewer items and crafting materials. If you used item duplication failure, upload a saved file not affected by it. The saved file size limit may be increased in one of the future patches, but the corrupted files will remain so. “
GOG.com saying that “can be increased in future patches” may not be the best news for those who love to collect everything and want to create a ton.
Redditor’s modsharearebattyboys shared the ways players can check their current saved files, and are as follows;
- PRAÇA – % userprofile% Saved Games CD Projekt Red Cyberpunk 2077
- Playstation 4 – Settings> Management of saved application data> DATA SAVED IN SYSTEM STORAGE> Cyberpunk 2077
- PlayStation 5- Settings> STORAGE> [Storage device] > Saved data> PS4 games / PS5 games> Cyberpunk 2077
- Xbox one – My Games & Applications> Cyberpunk 2077> Menu> Manage game> SAVED DATA
- Xbox Series X | S – My Games & Applications> Cyberpunk 2077> Menu> Manage game and add-ons> SAVED DATA
While this may not affect everyone, it is something to keep an eye on. Although this specific problem was not solved in the Hotfix 1.05 that was just released, many other bugs and flaws have been fixed and should make the experience smoother.
For more information on Cyberpunk 2077, check out our review article on how Cyberpunk deserved better and how players can get refunds if they are not satisfied with their experience.
Do you have a tip for us? Want to discuss a possible story? Send an email to [email protected].
Adam Bankhurst is an IGN news writer. You can follow him on Twitter @AdamBankhurst and on Twitch.