Stop me if you’ve heard this before, but Amazon is once again delaying New world. The company will launch its next MMO, which was scheduled to leave this spring after yours, on August 31, 2021. Since withdrawing the title in July, game director Scot Lane has said that Amazon Game Studios “has identified some very attractive that it just wouldn’t do ”the launch deadline the developer announced last year. The team believes these features are “transformative” and is therefore taking the extra time needed to ensure they are ready for launch. In the meantime, she plans to continue the alpha test of the game, with an open beta scheduled to begin on July 20.
To say New world had a bumpy path to launch would be an understatement. When it was first announced, Amazon said the game would be released. The company then postponed the launch for the summer, before Amazon Game Studios said it needed almost an entire year to add more middle and end game content.
It is also safe to say that there is a lot of pressure on Amazon Game Studios to deliver a title that is a commercial and critical success. New worldThe previous delay came a week after Amazon took the unusual step of . Three months later, he announced that he was stopping. Despite these setbacks, he recently committed to the studio. “Some businesses take off in the first year and others take many years,” he said. “Although we have not yet been consistently successful at Amazon Game Studios, I believe we will be if we persist in that.”